Chocolate Magic Custard Cake will blow your mind with its look and taste.One cake batter results in 3-layered cake.Don't worry about the runny batter,it will bake up perfectly!!
Here is another bad-ass chocolate cake!Once you have the first slice,you must know that you are ready for the second or even third!Are you obsessed with chocolate but don't want one of those dense desserts since you don't want to gain the pounds you've just got rid of?This fool-proofChocolate Magic Custard Cakeis what you need!!
After makingZesty Magic Custard Cake,I was dreaming of its chocolate version.I thought it would be a super twist to add some cocoa powder into the batter to get an amazing chocolate cake as a result.Well,I saw thatTodd and Dianehad already tried it and theirs looks just how I wanted.So it was a must for me to try it!It becomes just as yummy as the zesty version and now I've started to think of other versions with fruit such as cherry,strawberry or other berries.I need to experiment first and then I can share the result with you.
I must warn you that the center of this chocolate custard cake is very soft,so it might crack when slicing or removing from the baking pan,but this makes it even more tempting.Just saying'
We love it when it is chilled about an hour or even more.You feel like you are eating chocolate ice cream in the form of a cake.YUM!!
The best part of this chocolate custard cake is that it comes together very easily just like the original version.You might have doubts when you just mix up the ingredients.It looks too runny that you probably won't believe that it will really bake up as it looks in the pictures here.The consistency of the batter is really liquidy,but don't worry,it will bake just perfectly.
If you've already tried my firts version,you know it will.If you haven't given it a try yet,choose either this chocolate custard cake or the zesty one and see what's the magic.I'm sure both will become your ultimate sweet treat on special occasions as it is easy to make these and they look like they are bought from a good pastry shop.
Chocolate Magic Custard Cake
One cake batter turns into a 3-layered cake.It will be your ultimate chocolate cake for special occasions.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 4 eggs,at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/4 cup sugar
- 110g butter (1/2 cup),melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup and 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups milk,lukewarm
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 320F (160C).
- Grease a 8×8 inch baking pan and line it with parchment paper.
- Separate egg whites and yolks.
- Beat egg whites in a bowl until stiff and put aside.
- 搅拌蛋黄,vanilla extract and sugar until creamy.
- Add melted butter and mix for half a minute.
- Add the flour and unsweetened cocoa powder.Mix with a whisk until incorporated well.
- Pour the milk gradually and continue whisking.
- Add in the egg whites,one third at a time and gently stir with a whisk.Don't overmix,just stir until combined.
- Pour this runny batter into the baking pan and bake for 60 minutes.
- The centre of the cake will still be jiggly when removed from oven.
- Let it cool for about half an hour and then remove from the pan.When it reaches room temperature,chill it at least for an hour.
- Slice it in the size you like and dust with powdered sugar right before serving.You can garnish it with fresh fruit too.
- Keep it in refrigerator until you finish it all.
I used a 24x17x6cm rectangular pan for this cake.You can see it in the video.If you have a similar pan,use it.This cake doesn't rise,so keeping this in mind,你可以选择另一种类型的锅。A square pan works fine too.
- Serving Size: 6