Thesepink chocolate covered strawberriesare perfect forValentine’s Day, baby showers and birthday parties. They are very easy to make and you need only 2-3 ingredients. Furthermore, you can decorate them however you’d like depending on the theme of the day you celebrate.
If you’re looking for moreromantic desserts, try making our lusciouschocolate strawberry cake. It is a simple chocolate cake garnished with strawberries and chocolate ganache in the middle and on the top. And, if you don’t want to serve these strawberry treats alone, you can also add someeasy Valentine’s Day truffles.
Who doesn’t love the combination of chocolate and strawberries? They are like the perfect couple for any special occasion including Valentine’s Day. If you want even more treats like these, you might want to see ourchocolate covered strawberry browniesandstrawberry chocolate cookiestoo.
Colored strawberries are always a hit at celebrations. They are one of thebest Valentine’s desserts. Here we will share the basic method for decorating strawberries and you can easily customize them using your own creativity. Serve them as a dessert or give them away to your beloved ones.
About The Ingredients
For these chocolate covered strawberries with pink candy melts,you mainly need 2 ingredients:Strawberries and pink candy melts. We also use dark chocolate and white chocolate to decorate pink strawberries.
Naturally, strawberries are the hero ingredient for these pink chocolate strawberries. So, you need to pick the best quality possible. You should alwayschoose strawberries that are firm and plump.Small strawberries won’t be perfect to dip into chocolate. And, for these treats,ones with leaves on look prettier.
Our second ingredient is candy melts.We prefer using them because they are literally intended to beautifully coat ingredients. They come in a wide variety of colors that can simply be melted and used. For these pink chocolate covered strawberries for Valentine’s Day, we chose pink candy melts.
If you can’t find candy melts,you can melt white chocolate and color it with red or pink food coloring. Read how to make pink chocolate below.
Alternative Ingredients:Besides these, you might want to add a few more ingredientsto decorate the pink chocolate strawberries.例如,使用黑暗,款半甜的或白色高娜te chips to drizzle over the pink chocolate. Other options could be sprinkles, edible glitter, nuts, shredded coconut, crumbled pretzels.
How to Make
These pink chocolate covered strawberries are incredibly quick and easy to make. And, when it comes to decorating strawberries, there is no end to all the possibilities. You can add sprinkles, cookie crumbs, and even more chocolate!
- Prepare your strawberries. Choose firm strawberries and rinse them well. Then, dry them with a paper towel one by one. Allow them to sit for about 30 minutes. You can place them on some more paper towels. They should come up to room temperature.
- Line a baking sheet with non-stick parchment paper and set it aside for later.
- Fill a saucepan with water. Bring the water to a simmer. Pick a heat-proof bowl that fits over the saucepan.Put your pink candy meltsin it. Turn the heat off and place the bowl of candy melts over the saucepan.The bottom of the bowl shouldn't touch the water.When you see candy melts are melting, gently stir until they are completely melted.
- Follow the same stepsfor melting the dark chocolate and white chocolatein separate bowls.
Note:You might need to usea little oil (coconut oil or vegetable oil) in the melted chocolate if it doesn’t get smooth and silky enough.Especially if you use chocolate bars. You won’t have this problem with candy melts.
- Coat the strawberries with chocolate.Grabbing onto the leaves, dip strawberry into the pink chocolate and allow it to drip excess chocolate for a couple of seconds. Then, place each dipped strawberry on the lined cookie sheet to set. Repeat the same steps for the remaining strawberries.
- If you want, you can add your garnishes like sprinkleswhile the coating is still wet. They won't stick to the strawberries if the chocolate has already been set. We didn't use any.
- Decorate the strawberries.Once the candy coating/pink chocolate sets, roughly 10-15 minutes,drizzle some melted dark chocolate and white chocolate over them.You can make the chocolate drizzle decorating on the pink strawberries using a spoon.
Alternatively, place the dark chocolate or white chocolate in a re-sealable bag and snip the corner. To make beautiful drizzles, quickly move the bag back and forth over each strawberry.We find the spoon method easier.
- Again, allow the dark chocolate and white chocolate to completely cool (about 15 minutes). Finally, store the pink strawberries in an airtight container in a single layer in the refrigerator. They will be best if used within 2 days.
- Make sure todry your strawberries as much as possiblebefore dipping them into chocolate. This will ensure that the chocolate sticks to them.
- Candy melts are supposed to be completely smooth and lump-freeonce they are melted. However, if yours isn't, try adding½ teaspoon of shortening or vegetable oil.This will help thin the mixture and remove any lumps.
- If you want to use a microwave to melt your pink candy melts,here is how. Add the candy melts to a microwave-safe bowl. Heat them for about 1 minute at 40% power. Remove them, give them a good stir with a rubber spatula, and heat them again for 30 seconds. If it is still thick and doesn’t want to completely melt, place it back in the microwave for 20 seconds, remove, and stir. Continue this process until your candy melts are lump-free. You can follow the same steps for white and dark chocolate too.
- If your strawberries don’t have any leaves on their tops,insert a toothpick at the top. Then, hold it as a handle when dipping the strawberries into the melted chocolate.
- If melted chocolate thickens as you are working,don’t worry. You can reheat the melted pink candy melts, dark chocolate and white chocolate in their own bowl over the saucepan filled with hot water.
- While you can store your candy melts strawberries for a couple of days,we don’t recommend freezing them at all.
How To Make Pink Chocolate
如果你正在努力寻找粉红色糖果或融化pink chocolate in the store, that shouldn’t stop you from making these.Here’s how to make pink chocolate using white chocolate bars or chips and food coloring:
Melt the chopped white chocolate slowly over a double boiler. Once it is fully melted, addred or pink food coloringto it. This can be a gel, liquid or powder. Start with a teaspoon, mix well and continue adding more food coloring until you are satisfied with the color.
Now, you can make beautiful pink and white chocolate covered strawberries!
There are a ton of different chocolate covered strawberry designs you can try. We have decided to coat our strawberries with pink chocolate first and drizzle dark chocolate and white chocolate over them. But, you can play around with all sorts of colors and drizzling patterns.
Then, of course, you can add a wide variety of delicious and flavorful garnishes.Sprinkles and sparkling sugar是一个经典的选择,尤其是当瓦尔entine's Day chocolate covered strawberries.
Some other chocolate covered strawberry decorating ideas include adding choppednuts, crushed cookies, desiccated coconut, or pretzels.Even a simple sprinkle of sea salt flakes will make a tasty treat!
How to Store
You can either keep your pink strawberriesat room temperature or in the fridge.Either way, make sure they are keptin a single layerand are placed inside of an airtight container.
At room temperature, theywill only last about 2 days.Keep them away from high temperatures or direct sunlight. In the fridge, they will last up to 4 days if stored well.
As we have mentioned before,do not store the strawberries in the freezer. It completely ruins the texture and flavor.
Strawberries should not be cold before being dipped into chocolate. Bring them to room temperature so that the chocolate can stick to them better.
This is mainly caused by excess moisture on the surface of the strawberries. This is why it is important to pat them dry properly.
To completely prevent this from happening, serve the colored strawberries on the day they were made. But, if you do keep them at room temperature, just keep them away from high heat and direct light. This will cause the strawberries to sweat inside of the container.
It helps the melted chocolate or candy melt mixture to become completely smooth. It also helps thin the mixture to make it the perfect consistency for dipping.
More Chocolate Covered Treats
- Chocolate Covered Oranges
- Chocolate Covered Fresh Figs
- Chocolate Dipped Wafers
- Chocolate Dipped Marshmallows
More Valentine's Day Treats
You might also like
As always:If you make this recipe, let us know what you think by rating it and leaving a comment below. And post a pic on Instagram too—tag@give_recipeso we can see!
Sign upfor the FREEGiveRecipe Newsletterto get the new recipes into your inbox! And stay in touch with us onFacebook,Pinterest,YouTubeandInstagramfor all the latest updates.
Pink Chocolate Covered Strawberries Recipe
Strawberries are coated with melted pink candy melts and then decorated with dark chocolate and white chocolate.
- Prep Time:15 minutes
- Total Time:15 minutes
- Diet:Gluten Free
½ cup pink candy melts
¼ cup dark chocolate chips or 150 g/5 oz dark chocolate bar
¼ cup white chocolate chips or 150 g/5 oz white chocolate bar
½ teaspoon vegetable oil (optional, please read the note 2)
- Pick firm strawberries, rinse well and then dry each very well using a paper towel.
- Place the strawberries on a paper towel and let them sit for 30 minutes until they come up to room temperature.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and put it aside.
- Melt candy melts in a double boiler:
- Fill a saucepan with water. Bring the water to a simmer. Pick a heat-proof bowl that fits over the saucepan. Put your pink candy melts in it. Turn the heat off and place the bowl of candy melts over the saucepan. The bottom of the bowl shouldn't touch the water. When you see candy melts are melting, gently stir until they are completely melted.
- Melt the dark chocolate and white chocolate following the same steps. Put them aside.
- Hold onto the leaves of the strawberries and dip each into melted pink chocolate and let it drip for a few seconds.
- Place the chocolate dipped strawberries on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet to set. If you want to use sprinkles on their tops, use them now before the chocolate completely sets.
- When the pink chocolate sets (in 10-15 minutes), drizzle them with melted dark and white chocolate. To do this, pour the melted white/dark chocolate in resealable bags and make a small snip on the corner. Drizzle the strawberries with dark chocolate or white chocolate with a quick back and forth motion. You can do this with a spoon too.
- Let the chocolate set completely for about 15 minutes and keep the strawberries in a sealed container, in a single layer for up to 2 days.
- Dry the strawberries as much as possible.
- Candy melts are supposed to be smooth when melted, but if yours doesn’t get as smooth as desired, add in ½ teaspoon vegetable oil or another shortening and stir well.
- To melt candy melts in a microwave:Pour pink candy melts into a microwave safe bowl.Heat the candy melts in the microwave for 1 minute at about 40% power, take out and stir well with a rubber spatula. Put it back in the microwave for another 30 seconds. Take it out, add in ½ teaspoon vegetable oil and stir again until smooth. If it is still thick, put it back for another 20 seconds but not longer than this. Repeat this until it completely melts.
- If you can’t find pink candy melts, melt white chocolate and mix it with red or pink food coloring. Add the coloring gradually until you are satisfied with the color.
- If your strawberries don’t have leaves on them, use the toothpick method. Insert a toothpick on top of strawberries, hold it as a handle and dip strawberries into melted chocolate.
- If melted chocolate thickens as you are working, don’t worry. You can reheat the melted pink candy melts, dark chocolate and white chocolate in their own bowl over the saucepan filled with hot water.
- We don’t recommend freezing chocolate covered strawberries.
- Serving Size:
- Sugar:15.9 g
- Sodium:10.1 mg
- Fat:7 g
- Carbohydrates:21.7 g
- Protein:2.1 g
- Cholesterol:2.4 mg
Keywords:pink chocolate covered strawberries, pink chocolate strawberries
They were a hit at my daughter's birthday. We made them together with her and it was really fun to make. Thank you for the recipe!
Zerrin & Yusufsays
So happy to hear this. Happy birthday to your daughter!
I made these for my friend's baby shower and used pink sprinkles. They were a hit. Thank you for the recipe!
Kristin @ cheap-chef.comsays
Wow, not only do these look delicious they are so beautiful! Amazing.